Hello & Welcome to Norcaldec, my name is Jon and this is my personal blog. Here’s what you need to know:
- I’m a Father of three
- Software developer
- Live in northern California! Screw Silicon valley.
- We do get rain, its south California that doesn’t!
Not much to say about myself. I’m luck enough to work for home, so I’ve decided to start this blog to talk about my experiences of working from home. While you might be thinking “Lucky guy, you work from home” It’s not as good as it seems. Working from home has a lot of negatives:
- You become an antisocial hermit, since you’re not forced to see or talk with anyone almost
- You get lazy. Working from home has made me super lazy
- Your home becomes a prison. I used to be happy coming back home from the office, now when work is done I feel NOTHING!
One of the reasons I’ve started this blog is to network & chat with other people in similar situations.
I’d also like to talk about open source software; since it’s something I’m really passionate about.